Friday 26 June 2015

Week 11.....

3 SUPER SHARP students. Well done Emelia, Sam & Sadie 

We had a talk about the word "bored" as you can see below: The E represents EXTEND yourself - growth mindset. Use effort and if you can't do something - you can't do it YET. 
Homework auction $$$ - I have 12 presents ready for the top 12 students to choose from for their extra effort in their weekly homework.
No homework this week.

A heads up for learning conferences: 
Often I get asked for resources you can use at home for your child. If you look at the right of this page there is a home learning page that if you click on it - you will see there are lots of numeracy and literacy online sites. Plus a maths one that isn't online.
Here is the NZ maths family site: http://nzmaths.co.nz/families

A great last session of hockey on Wednesday - enjoy the photos.
I love seeing the children outside and all giving this a go. Sharon Gates did a great job - the children were all engaged.

EXCITING NEWS FOR ROOM 7.
Next term for the last 7 weeks we have a trainee teacher Chloe Peters joining us in Room 7.
Having a trainee teacher in the classroom is so exciting as they add 'new ideas' =)

Hi I am Chloe Peters the trainee teacher in Rm 7.
I am doing the one year primary teaching degree after completing my 3 year degree in Anthropology and Criminology. I love sports and at the moment I am playing gaelic football and surfing. I grew up in the country north of Auckland and have been living in Wellington for the past five years. I am really excited to be working with  Room 7 and in particular the Wearable arts.

Dates: 
School closes at 1.30pm Tuesday : The first student led conference starts at 1.45pm - so if you could pick your child up at 1.30pm that would be great. 

* Last day of term is Friday 3rd July - normal finishing time. Please let me know if your child isn't going to be at school that day - I know there are some children either not going to be there or finishing early on that day. Thanks to the parents who have let me know. 

* Room 7 are hosting syndicate assembly on Tuesday at 9.45am. Such a busy busy time with goal setting, wearable arts and hosting assembly. 
Feel free to come and join us on Tuesday. 

* Can you please give your child an old t-shirt to have in their bag for when we are making wearable arts. This they can wear over their school top. 

Enjoy the hockey photos: 

No comments:

Post a Comment