Saturday 6 September 2014

Week 8: 8th - 12th September

Kia ora,

Mufti Day - this THURSDAY 11TH September - Gold coin for Cancer Society. 


ODD SHOE DAY this Friday 12th September. 
Only ROOM 7 children can wear odd shoes and socks. 
Yay - Room 7 are allowed to wear odd shoes & socks - we have raised $30 all ready that we will donate to this charity. ($30 from the sale of some of Michelle's ponies). 
Camp Quality is close to my heart I have been a companion twice in the past, my nephew Brad attended a couple of the camps - really amazing time for these children. 

Discussing in groups of 3 - we often work like this. We get into pairs or small groups for discussion, brainstorming and to share each other's ideas. 


Boston kindly brought in this game he had at home POP UP PIRATE - the kids love it! Thanx Mr B!


SUPER SHARP 7, Shkhan and Mitchell for being assertive. (SHARP focus). Also Shkhan is very good at patting people on the back when they get a positive comment or reward. Mitchell is a good role model!


Busy maths bees - doing division.


We might go into boat painting - Giselle's dad is going to be the PROUD recipient of a purple boat for his MAN CAVE (Giselle told me this is where the boat was going!) Enjoy Shane!


So impressed - Archie & Bella cutting out their cue cards & sticking them onto cardboard. 


Love this - Boston watching himself do his speech. The children went into pairs and spent time filming each other practicing their speeches. 


Cam the man & Cam the man!

Enjoy the photos of some of the children doing their speeches.




 Ruby with her soccer ball - with the Wellington Phoenix players running around in the background.
 Awesome to see = Tahirih needed some help - and Shkhan jumped in to help her wrap her present.
 Father's Day goodies.....Emma & Ruby
 You are my sunshine!
 I JUST LOVE THE zzzzzzzz (think that's the snoring lol) I hope you all enjoyed your wee prezzie that your child put together!
HOW COOL IS THIS - I'm at work late at night - and I check the mailbox - look at these 2 notes that made my day/week!!!! Thank you Archie L and Bailey!

I found this and thought it was a really good read and made sense.
Article about how to teach the introvert. .
http://ideas.ted.com/2014/09/02/how-to-teach-a-young-introvert/

I love reading things...and this one I found..it's awesome.
40 things I want to tell my kids before they're too cool to listen..
http://www.marcandangel.com/2014/08/31/40-things-i-want-to-tell-my-kids-before-theyre-too-cool-to-listen/

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing a clip of Giselle doing part of her speech, so cool to see how smiley and enthusiastic she was despite being nervous. The iPads are a great way for photos to be taken throughout school days

    ReplyDelete