Monday 21 July 2014

Day 1 - term 3

IMPROMPTU speeches...Room 7 had fun doing some of these today. 
(More information to come..but at the end of the term each child will be presenting a speech).

We sat in a concentric circle and had a turn speaking for 30 seconds to our buddy - we moved around the circle - and had a variety of speech topics.

Afterwards the children wrote down 10 impromptu speech ideas - I gave them a range of what the idea had to be based on: eg: Funny, sad, to do with the class, interesting, silly, favourite etc..

I have chosen 1 speech topic from each child and have written up a list (more to come..) the children can use these to do impromptu speeches. We will start with 30 seconds and as we get better we will move onto 1 minute. As their end of term speech will be 3 minutes long.

Here is the list (you should read some of the ideas in their book - eek!).

If my eyeballs fell out and flew around the room…

If I was a bird I would...

If I went to sleep all day I would dream about….

If the Lego movie came to life…

If I was in charge of the school I would…

The funniest joke someone played on me…

Today I had to wear a clown suit…

If I could run around I would…

If I was a spy I would…

The day I slipped on a banana…

I got really mad…

If children could vote for a Prime Minister…

When I left somewhere I loved…

If the class could take a day off…

If I was the teacher for the day…

The day I got two jobs…

One day I jumped in the biggest mud puddle…

I cut my arm open…

If I could put my socks on my ears…

The day I poured ice down my t-shirt…

My favourtie country is…

If I could go to America…

My friend moved away…

If I could do a SHARP lesson it would be…

The day I fell out of bed…

The day I tried to look cool and fell off my bike…

If I got lost I would…

If I had to babysit bad kids…

If I could drive dad’s car…

If I made something I would give it to…

My favourite thing to eat (and why?)...

The best friend ever...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Burt it is Claudia I am righting on a pice of paper with some of these speech ideas i do really like them and I really really like you to. from Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Claudia - yay go you!! The speech ideas are brilliant you all did such a good job writing the speech topics. =) Have fun doing them...

      Delete